Recently, Appcelerator and IDC published results of a survey taken by over 5,500 apps developers. You can download the free report here. According to the report,
- 66% of developers think that it is “likely or very likely” that a mobile-first startup could break Facebook’s dominance in social media.
- Developers are disappointed with many features of HTML5.
- Developers believe that by 2015, they’ll be writing a lot of mobile apps for devices beyond the smartphone and tablet, such as TV, connected cards, game consoles, Google Glass and foldable screens.
- By far, developers prefer building apps for iOS smartphones and iPad.
- Only 9% of developers are still interested in building apps for Research in Motion (a steep decline from 40% in January 2011).